Your wedding day is a day you’ll remember for the rest of your life, and you deserve to feel like a queen. If you’re worried about your plain wedding dress looking too simple, don’t be! With a few clever techniques, you can transform your dress into a stunning masterpiece that will take everyone’s breath away.
Adding sparkling beads, delicate lace, or glittering embroidery can add texture, depth, and glamour to your gown. Alternatively, you could add a statement belt to cinch your waist and add some bling. And let’s not forget the veil – a beaded or lace veil can add a touch of elegance and sophistication to your wedding look.
But how do you add these details like a pro? In this article, we’ll show you exactly how to bling up a plain wedding dress and take your bridal style to the next level. From sourcing materials to DIY techniques, we’ll guide you through the process step-by-step. Get ready to make your wedding dress dreams a reality!
Are you ready to turn your plain wedding dress into a work of art? Keep reading to find out how!
Sparkle and Shine: Add Beads, Sequins, or Rhinestones
If you want to transform your plain wedding dress into a glamorous, sparkling masterpiece, adding beads, sequins, or rhinestones is the perfect solution. These small and shiny embellishments can take your dress from ordinary to extraordinary, creating a dazzling effect that will make you feel like a true princess on your big day.
But where do you start? How do you choose the right beads or rhinestones for your dress? And how do you attach them so they stay put throughout the day? Here’s everything you need to know:
Choosing the Right Embellishments
- Consider the overall style of your dress. Are you going for a vintage, boho look or a more modern, glamorous vibe?
- Think about the color of your dress. Do you want to add contrasting or complementary embellishments?
- Choose embellishments that will flatter your figure. For example, if you have a pear-shaped body, add embellishments to the top half of your dress to draw attention upwards.
Attaching the Embellishments
There are a few different methods you can use to attach beads, sequins, or rhinestones to your wedding dress:
- Hand-sewing: This is the most time-consuming option, but also the most secure. Use a thin, sharp needle and strong thread to carefully sew each embellishment onto your dress.
- Gluing: Fabric glue or a hot glue gun can be used to attach embellishments to your dress. This is a quicker option than hand-sewing, but may not be as secure.
- Iron-on: Some embellishments come with heat-activated adhesive on the back. Simply place the embellishment where you want it, cover it with a cloth, and use a hot iron to attach it to your dress.
DIY vs. Hiring a Professional
Adding beads, sequins, or rhinestones to your wedding dress can be a fun and rewarding DIY project. However, it can also be time-consuming and require a lot of patience and skill. If you’re not confident in your abilities, or simply don’t have the time, hiring a professional to add embellishments to your dress may be the best option for you.
Now that you know the basics of adding bling to your wedding dress, it’s time to get started! Whether you choose to DIY or hire a pro, adding beads, sequins, or rhinestones to your dress is sure to make you shine on your big day.
Play with Lace: Embellish with Lace Appliques or Trims
If you’re looking for a romantic and elegant way to bling up your plain wedding dress, lace is the answer. Lace has been a popular wedding dress material for centuries, and it’s still a favorite today. Whether you want to add delicate lace appliques or bold lace trims, there are plenty of ways to incorporate lace into your wedding look.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Lace overlay: Add a layer of lace over your dress to create a romantic and timeless look.
- Lace sleeves: Add lace sleeves to your dress for a delicate touch that will make your dress stand out.
- Lace back: Add a lace back to your dress to show off some skin while still keeping it classy.
- Lace hem: Add a lace trim to the hem of your dress for a subtle yet elegant touch.
- Lace neckline: Add a lace trim to the neckline of your dress to draw attention to your face and add a touch of femininity.
- Lace train: Add a lace trim to the train of your dress to make a statement as you walk down the aisle.
DIY Lace Embellishments
If you’re feeling crafty, you can even create your own lace embellishments to add to your dress. You can purchase lace appliques or trims and sew them onto your dress yourself, or you can create your own lace motifs using lace fabric and fabric glue. This is a great way to add a personal touch to your dress and make it truly unique.
Whether you choose to add lace appliques, lace trims, or DIY lace embellishments, incorporating lace into your wedding dress is a sure way to add a touch of romance and elegance to your special day.
Keep reading to discover more ways to transform your plain wedding dress into a stunning masterpiece.
Get Creative with Embroidery: Embroider Beads, Pearls, or Crystals
Embroidery is an excellent way to add a personal touch to your clothing or accessories. You can elevate any piece with the addition of beads, pearls, or crystals, making it a unique and eye-catching creation.
Here are some ideas on how to incorporate these embellishments into your embroidery projects:
- You can use a wide range of beads, including seed beads, bugle beads, and glass beads, to add a touch of glamour to your embroidery.
- Make sure to choose the right type of bead for your project and consider the color, size, and shape of the beads for optimal results.
- When embroidering with beads, use a sturdy thread and a beading needle that can pass through the bead holes easily.
- Pearls are an elegant addition to embroidery projects and can add a timeless look to any piece of clothing or accessory.
- Choose high-quality pearls that have a consistent shape and size for best results.
- When embroidering with pearls, use a fine needle and silk thread for a delicate finish.
- Crystals are an excellent choice for adding a touch of sparkle and glamour to your embroidery projects.
- Choose from a wide range of shapes, sizes, and colors to complement your design.
- When embroidering with crystals, use a sturdy thread and a sharp needle to avoid damaging the crystals.
Whichever embellishment you choose, remember to experiment and have fun with your embroidery projects. You never know what amazing creations you might come up with!
Accessorize with a Belt: Add a Glittering Belt to Enhance the Waistline
Adding a belt to your outfit is one of the easiest ways to enhance your silhouette and elevate your style. A glittering belt can add the perfect touch of sparkle and glamour to any outfit, while also drawing attention to your waistline.
When it comes to choosing the right belt, consider the width, material, and color. A wider belt can create a more dramatic look, while a thinner belt can be more subtle. A leather belt is a classic option that can be dressed up or down, while a chain belt can add some edge to your outfit.
Pairing a Belt with a Dress
- A belt can be used to cinch in the waist of a flowy dress, creating a more fitted silhouette.
- Consider matching the color of your belt to your shoes or handbag to create a cohesive look.
Styling a Belt with High-Waisted Pants
High-waisted pants are a great canvas for showcasing a belt. A belt with a statement buckle can add some personality to your outfit, while a metallic belt can add some shine.
- Belting a coat or blazer can create a more defined waistline and add shape to an otherwise oversized piece.
- For a cohesive look, choose a belt that complements the color and texture of your outerwear.
Bring on the Veil: Top Off Your Look with a Beaded or Lace Veil
A wedding veil is the perfect accessory to complete your bridal look, and choosing the right one can be a daunting task. However, a beaded or lace veil can add a touch of elegance and sophistication to any bride’s attire. Here are some tips on how to choose and wear a beaded or lace veil for your big day.
Firstly, consider the style of your dress when choosing a veil. A beaded veil can add sparkle and shine to a simple gown, while a lace veil can add intricate detail to a plainer dress. Secondly, think about the length of the veil. A shorter veil can show off the back of the dress, while a longer veil can add drama and a regal feel. Lastly, consider your hairstyle. A beaded or lace veil can be pinned to an updo or worn with loose waves for a romantic feel.
Choosing the Right Beaded Veil
- Look for a veil with beads that match the embellishments on your dress, such as pearls or crystals.
- A beaded veil can be a statement piece, so consider keeping jewelry and accessories to a minimum.
- Consider a shorter veil with beaded edges to add a touch of sparkle without overwhelming the dress.
Choosing the Right Lace Veil
- Choose a lace veil that complements the lace on your dress, or opt for a different lace pattern for contrast.
- Consider a longer veil with a lace border to add a romantic, vintage feel to your bridal look.
- A lace veil can be worn with a simple hairstyle to showcase the intricate detail.
Styling Your Beaded or Lace Veil
- Secure your veil with bobby pins or a comb to keep it in place throughout the day.
- A veil can be removed for the reception or worn throughout the entire event.
- Consider adding a hair accessory, such as a floral clip or a sparkling brooch, to the veil for a personalized touch.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I add bling to a plain wedding dress?
To add some sparkle to a plain wedding dress, consider adding a beaded belt, a glittering brooch, or even a jeweled headpiece. You can also add a veil with lace or beaded accents for a touch of glamour.
Can I add bling to a wedding dress myself?
Yes, you can add bling to a wedding dress yourself by using glue or sewing the embellishments onto the dress. However, it is important to be careful and use the appropriate materials to avoid damaging the fabric.
What types of embellishments can I use to bling up a wedding dress?
You can use a variety of embellishments to add bling to a wedding dress, including crystals, rhinestones, sequins, beads, and pearls. Just make sure to choose materials that complement the style of the dress.
How much does it cost to add bling to a wedding dress?
The cost of adding bling to a wedding dress can vary depending on the type and amount of embellishments you use, as well as whether you do it yourself or hire a professional. It’s best to do some research and get quotes from different vendors before making a decision.
Can I add bling to a colored wedding dress?
Absolutely! Adding bling to a colored wedding dress can be a great way to enhance its unique beauty. Consider using embellishments in complementary colors to create a cohesive look.
Is it possible to add bling to a wedding dress after the wedding?
Yes, you can still add bling to a wedding dress after the wedding. This can be a great way to repurpose the dress for another special occasion or even to pass it down to future generations. Just make sure to store the dress properly until you’re ready to add the embellishments.